Bob & Kelsey's Adoption

Saturday, March 25, 2006

March: 5 days, 5/26 to 5/30...Still More Delay

Latest message from Xiaoqing:

Dear Families:
I have been checking with CCAA about the cut off date and finally got the confirmation that the cut off date of the referrals for this month is May 30th! It is really hard to believe that it took one month to just match five days of logged-in dossiers but unfortunately it is true. I don't really know what to say. My heart goes out to families like you who have been waiting patiently for so long. I wish I could do something to change the reality but there is nothing I can do. We can only hope that in the coming months there are more children's files ready to be matched. I will keep you posted.

Sincerely,
Xiaoqing
What this means is that dossiers with LID of May 30th just received their referrals in March, nearly 10 months later. Best case: for our LID of Sep 14 it means about mid-July 2006 we'd get a referral and travel in late Aug 2006.

Or, another, worse way to look at it:
5/30/05 to 9/15/05 = 107 days. 107 d / 5 d/mo = 21 months
21 months from Mar 2006 =
Dec 2007 for referral, Jan 2008 travel to China :-(